Why We Recommend Stuffing your Pouf Yourself
Stuffing your pouf yourself is a no-brainer. In fact, stuffing your own pouf is budget-friendly, and it gives you more control over the quality of filling material and the firmness of your pouf.
- Many vendors use a small quantity of filling making the pouf unsuitable to sit on. You will have to purchase additional stuffing to make it firmer.
- Other vendors use a low-quality filling that is high in phthalates – known for causing hormone disruption and health issues.
- Moreover, a stuffed pouf is considerably more expensive than an unstuffed pouf, it will also have higher shipping costs. You save on average $100 by stuffing your pouf yourself.
We recommend the following filling options as they were proven to be the most efficient and durable.
1- Using Polyester for Stuffing your Pouf
Polyester is undoubtfully the most used and popular material for stuffing a pouf. You can buy filling polyester online on shops like Amazon or at local stores like Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and Michaels for the US.
The quantity of filling will depend on the ways you are planning to use your pouf.
- If you use your pouf for decoration purposes only, then 40 ounces of polyester stuffing will work perfectly as it will plum your pouf enough to have a nice pleasing look.
- If you use your pouf as a sitting ottoman or to kick up your feet, then we recommend using at least 60 to 80 ounces of polyester stuffing.
Here are our favorite polyester stuffing options:
2- Eco-Friendly Pouf Filling Options
There are two eco-friendly filling options both based on recycling materials you might already have within reach.
2.1- Using old fabric
The first option is to fill your pouf with used and old fabric, like used clothing, used bedsheets, and used pillows. You might need to make a little decluttering first to gather a good amount of unwanted textiles, then once you have the clothing you need, we recommend making sure your textiles are clean and perfectly dry before using them as a stuffing.
2.2- Using recycled newspapers and kraft bags
Another effective way for stuffing your pouf is to use recycled newspapers and/or grocery store kraft bags. It might sound surprising to you but it’s actually very effective and will allow for a quite firm sitting. You will need a large quantity of paper to fill one pouf though, so make sure you plan ahead.
While polyester is by far the most popular used material to stuff a pouf, you can always opt for recycled clothes and kraft paper and use them alone, or as a mix with polyester to achieve your desired pouf firmness.
SHOP OUR POUFS
POPULARPremium Square Leather Pouf Ottoman 18” | Artisanal | BrownProduct on sale
- Moroccan Leather Pouf BLACK$120.00
- Moroccan Leather Pouf WHITE$120.00
POPULARPremium Moroccan Leather Pouf Ottoman, round, brown, 20”x20”x14”Product on sale